We are a group of people with various interests in Australian Native Plants.
Our interests include:
- Growing native plants
- Native plant identification including courses
- Native plant propagation
- Bush care
- Garden design using native plants
- Native plant ecology
- The conservation of native plants.
The APS North Shore Group is based in the northern suburbs of Sydney, NSW, Australia. Our members come from a wide area, from Galston in the north west to Bayview in the east and as far south as Concord. However, you don’t need to live in this area to join the group
Our activities include:
- Monthly meetings with an expert guest speaker. Meetings are held on the second Friday of the month at the Willow Park Community Centre, Edgeworth David Avenue, Hornsby. Visitors are always welcome
- A monthly newsletter "Blandfordia"
- Weekly educational Walks and Talks at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens, St Ives
- Regular bushwalks and garden visits
- The propagation and sale of Australian plants
- The maintenance and planting of the The Knoll Australian Plant Garden and Fernhouse at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens
- Participation in the Ku-ring-gai Council Bushcare group at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens
- Development of the Hornsby Herbarium.
- Participation in the annual Ku-ring-gai Wildflower and Garden Festival at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens
- Management of an extensive library
- Other community related activities in the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden
- Val Williams Scholarship in Botany - this years recipient
North Shore site LAST UPDATED 18th April 2018