We are a group of people with various interests in Australian Native Plants.
Our interests include:
- Growing native plants
- Native plant identification including courses
- Native plant propagation
- Bush care
- Garden design using native plants
- Native plant ecology
- The conservation of native plants.
The APS North Shore Group is based in the northern suburbs of Sydney, NSW, Australia. Our members come from a wide area, from Galston in the north west to Bayview in the east and as far south as Concord. However, you don’t need to live in this area to join the group.
Our activities include:
- Monthly meetings with an expert guest speaker. Meetings are held on the second Friday of the month at the Beatrice Taylor Hall, Willow Park Community Centre, 25 Edgeworth David Avenue, Hornsby. Visitors are always welcome
- A monthly newsletter Blandfordia
- Weekly educational Walks and Talks at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens, St Ives
- Regular group outings such as bushwalks and garden visits
- The propagation and sale of Australian plants
- The maintenance and planting of the The Knoll Australian Plant Garden and Fernhouse at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens
- Participation in the Ku-ring-gai Council Bushcare group at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens
- Development of the Hornsby Herbarium.
- Management of an extensive library
- Other community related activities in the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden
- Val Williams Scholarship in Botany - see here for more information
- North Shore Group annual awards - see here for more information
Download - The History of the Australian Plant Society North Shore Group (Medium Resolution 18 Mb)
Download - The History of the Australian Plant Society North Shore Group (Low Resolution 12 Mb)
North Shore site LAST UPDATED 20th October 2023.